Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sorting it ALL out...


If you're like me, you have a complicated relationship with your mother!
Whether sweet or sour, comforting or distancing, she's made a HUGE impact on your life.
This blog is my effort to sort out some of my feelings about "daughterhood."
I hope to share some encouragement for those of you who are still tangoing with your Mom. You see, my earthly dance with my mother ended on April 1st, 2008 and I miss her.
Oh, we had a complicated relationship indeed! But she is a classy, caring woman and I am proud that she is my MOM.

I hope you will join me in this journey and share with us your unique experience of "daughterhood." As we practice the steps in our individual dances, may our footwork be led by love and filled with joy.

A cautionary note as the music starts, let's avoid "mother-bashing" and extended pity parties. I know that many, many women have been hurt by their mothers and professional counselors can help with that kind of pain. Please seek help if the mothering you received was toxic or debilitating. Always remember, we all process emotional pain differently...and the great news is that there is One who loves us more than the "bestest" mother...His name is Jesus.

5 comments:

  1. I can not wait to see what words of inspiration and encouragement you will share with us. What an exciting journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe, This is a much needed site. What a blessing for women to be able to share, weep, rejoice, and learn from one another. God bless you my sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI AGAIN,
    LOVE THE NEW LOOK ON BOTH YOUR BLOGS, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. DID BECKY DO THIS AND THE HEADER FOR YOUR OTHER ONE?? WHO EVER DID IT......DID A GREAT JOB!! VERY NICE PIC OF YOU AND YOUR MOM!!
    LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT POST.
    LOVE YA,
    NELLIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Jessica! So excited to follow this blog. My daughter is 7. It seems like the importance of quality time never lessens. I hope to be inspired and encouraged as we journey together. Love~Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you for providing this place to come and be refreshed! My mom and I are still doing the tango ... thankfully ... we aren't very graceful sometimes. I am so happy that I have been introduced to you! I will be back!

    Sweet blessings,
    Cheri

    cheribunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete