Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Thursday, April 21, 2011

I am my mother's daughter!

(circa 1979)
Oh dear... truly the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!

Cliche...and yet, I see more of her in me as the years pass.
Whether it's "her" hand motions, pursing of the lips or a flipant chuckle now and then, I unconsciously parrot some of my mother's mannerisms and wonder... could these have been passed down from her mother?

Oh, our family trees!  So full of NUTS!

If your mother is still alive, find a way to celebrate her today. 
Don't put it off until an official day in May!
No matter the quality of your relationship, there is always something good to focus on, and no better time than NOW. 
Don't let little squabbles or defensiveness keep you from the joy of connectedness.
Family is too precious to take for granted!

~ HUGS to you Precious Ones ~

No comments:

Post a Comment