Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Monday, August 29, 2011

An Award and A Purpose

Dear Ones, thank you for checking in from time to time, and thank you for sharing about your relationships with your Moms.
I started this Blog specifically as a forum to express the powerful feelings that daughters experience as they "dance" with their mothers.

All women are DAUGHTERS, so we all have a dance. 

We were raised by imperfect women, with their own "hurts, hang-ups and habits," who struggled with their own feelings about their mothers.  They either waltzed, or tangoed; marched or did the rumba.  Some women do a frenzied dance while others sway with grace and peace.

Maybe your Mom is a self-less, nurturing woman and you have basked in her unconditional love.
Praise GOD if you were blessed with such a mother. 

Perhaps you never knew unconditional love because your Mom was too damaged by her past, and didn't know how to give it to you.  That is my story.

Either way, as women who know the LOVE of Christ, we are called to love our Moms and honor them.
Maybe we can help each other bless our mothers, by sharing our hearts and the Hope we have in our relationship with GOD.

My friend Nellie over at Nellie's Cozy Place sent me an award last week and I want to pass it along.

She asked that I share 7 things about myself that you might not know....hmmm...let's see.

1)  I LOVE animals, but I'm allergic to their dander...so I can't have any kitty cats, doggies, otters or ferrets.  This has been a long time sadness for me, but I hope to have many animals in Heaven.

2)  I used to LOVE to ice skate during my childhood...mostly on in-door rinks,very fond memories.  The cold air made my eyes tear up, but my heart overflowed with joy.

3) MUSIC really touches my heart and I treasure sentimental lyrics and praise songs.

4) Photography is a favorite hobby of mine!  Cooking...not so much. 

5) I had the privilege to study in Austria when I was in college.  Such a fantastic experience which included tours of Italy, Britain, France, Germany and the Czech Republic.

6) Friendships are the Jewels of my life.  I treasure connectedness!

7) I married my high school sweetheart and have been blessed beyond measure with the unconditional love of an honorable, caring man for over 30 years.  Thank You LORD!

NOW, to pass on this award, I nominate three precious ladies:

 Diana at To Everything A Season  http://www.dfseason.blogspot.com/

 Kay at Nana's Nuggets http://www.Kaymiers.blogspot.com/

 Karen at Lily Valley http://www.lilyvalley-karen.blogspot.com/

  Please visit these sweet blogs, you will be encouraged!
 








1 comment:

  1. Hi! Jess what a sweet surprize! I am so happy:) I sat down for a moment! Thank You! I just did not have a clue that today I would get a reward! See that is A "God " thing! He Loves to surprize us! and delights in our Joy! Thank you again for thinking of me!! See! as well, You are supposed to Blog~ because you bring Happiness:) to all! Have a Blessed Day:)

    ReplyDelete