Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Twenty Eight Years Ago Today...

I became a mother!

Motherhood is a privilege often
taken for granted.
Yet many are saddened by infertility,
so I appreciate the blessing all the more.
Katie Grace changed my life forever.
She is my only daughter and so close to my heart.
The love I have for her is deeper
than words can describe...
know what I mean?



Though she is busy raising her own children
out-of-state,
my thoughts walk beside her
and my prayers for her
bookend my days.


Truly the love I feel for her has helped me
love my own mother.
Though alcohol was a barrier to Mom's
expressions of love,
I came to understand that didn't diminish
the care she had for me.

On Katie's birthday, I am so thankful for
the awesome privilege
of watching her grow and blossom.
The challenges of parenting have been many
but the rewards ever more so.
I wouldn't have missed a day of it!

How about you?
Does your child's birthday
cause you to be introspective?
Does it remind you to be thankful?

3 comments:

  1. Morning Jessica,
    Trust this finds you feeling much better.
    Very sweet post about Katie. She is definitely a very sweet and precious young lady to be truly proud of...........

    Motherhood is a sacred priviledge for sure,
    but it does have it challenges as you say,
    but the Blessings and delight far outweigh
    any challenges. I certainly know I adore my
    2 children, and would move Heaven and Earth to make them happy..............

    Happy Birthday Katie, we love you hon!
    Hope you had a wonderful day!!

    Love and Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I have enjoyed reading some of your posts today. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! Yes, I get sentimental on my children's birthdays, too!

    ReplyDelete