Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Heart for Honor

Choosing to honor my mother was a liberating act!
Oh, I thought I honored her during my childhood. I was well behaved and always tried to take care of her when she was ill or hung-over.  But real honor involves forgiving and blessing some one.
It is a daily choice that has to be made, and then put into practice.



Christ forgave me all of my sins, and commands me to forgive the sins of others.
My Mom was the best person I could choose to forgive, and thus, truly honor!

How about you?  Do you need to forgive your mother?
Can you accept her for who she is, and not hold her to an impossible standard?
Have you experienced the forgiveness of Jesus?
He is only a prayer away.

God bless you as you walk towards healing and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment