Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Thursday, July 3, 2014

I've Been Tagged!

My sweet friend Nellie Todd over at Nellie's Cozy Place tagged me today to answer the following questions!  Well...why not?  Those of you who have read my book already now so much about me, but these question prompts are more about personal likes.  How about you?  What would your answers be?

1) Are you named for someone?
     Yes. I was named after my precious Aunt Cherie.  Cherie is my middle name and it means my dear in    French.


2) When was the last time you cried?
     Last Tuesday morning. I had just finished a book by Kristin Hannah, and the drama she wrote really        tugged at my heart.

3) Do you have Kiddos?
    Yes, I am blessed to have a daughter and a son, both grown and living in Kentucky, a loooong drive from     my home.



4) If you were another person, would you be a friend to yourself?
    I have to admit, I've never thought about such a question!  But, I would say "yes," because I love having       friends and being a friend, so I think I would be-friend myself. LOL

5) Do you have a guilty pleasure?
    I really love ice cream, but don't buy it or eat it because of the sugar count.

6) Do you like handwriting?
    I always wished my handwriting was prettier, like my mom's and mother-in-law's.  I treasure handwritten   notes, but do most of my writing on the computer.

7) What is your favorite cereal?
    Oatmeal (hot) or Cranberry Almond Crunch by Post

8) What is the first thing you notice about people?
    Whether or not they are smiling.

9) What is the color of your eyes?
    Blue/Grey.  I lady I worked for in a law office one summer (when I was in college) told me that my eyes are the color of the ocean.  I've always remembered her saying that.  It was such a sweet comment.

10) Scary movie or Happy ending?
    Definitely a Happy Ending!!!  I don't enjoy suspense at all.

11) Favorite TV Shows?
     Well, my husband is a Fox News junkie; but besides that, we enjoy Blue Bloods with Tom                     Selleck, and Restaurant Impossible with Robert Irvine.

12) Do you like winter or summer?
     Living in the hot and humid South, I suppose I prefer winter, when we get a break!

13) Hugs or Kisses?
     Can a girl pick BOTH?

14) Do you have a special talent?
     I suppose I have a talent for encouraging others, and for stringing words together.

15) Where were you born?
     I was born in New York City.  Hardly lived there though.

16) What are your hobbies?
     Reading, Writing, Drawing, Painting and scrapbooking.


17) Do you have any pets?
     I would dearly love a dog or cat or bunny rabbit. Alas, I have allergies and can not have pets.

18) What's your favorite movie(s)?
     Miss Potter / August Rush / Young Victoria

19) What color is your car?
     Awww, over ten years ago I got a PT Cruiser which I had custom painted after my son damaged the side      panel.  It is two-toned and I consider it my "mid life crisis wheels!"



20) What do you want to be when you grow up?
     A popular author and speaker, making a difference in the lives of others by sharing God's Truth.
  Maybe someday that dream will come true!


Now, precious ones, I'd love to hear your answers!

And I'm TAGGING a few sweet friends...

Jacquelyn Stager at Life Between the Buns
Elaine Olsen at Peace for the Journey
Linda at Spiritual Memoirs 101

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Glad to see you did it......I thought it was funny that our
    answer about what do you notice first about people is sort of the same..........that is the encourager in us, I think!! Don't you??
    I really liked the movie Miss Potter too, Jimmy got that and I had no idea what it was and was very delighted
    to learn it was about Beatrix Potter......what a great
    story.......had forgotten about it.........

    Hope you guys are doing well, and looks like you enjoyed your trip up to see the the kids.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete