Whether your mother is loving or distant, caring or critical, this is a place to stop and reflect about the challenge of that maternal bond.
All daughters and mothers are welcome!



Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Eyes Have IT

I was scrolling through my photos today and saw this picture of my Mom.
What fun to see the joy in her eyes! 
This picture was taken at a Ladies' Tea at our church in 2007 when I was privileged to be the speaker.
She had recently battled back from three surgeries on her spine and had no idea that a recurring lung cancer was in her  near future. 
But that was a banner day for her and she was HAPPY! 
Her good friend June had traveled to be with her and they both really enjoyed themselves at the Tea.
It warms my heart to see JOY in her eyes.
Despite our difficulties over the years, she really did love me. And for that I am forever thankful.

Remember... our eyes give away our emotions.
May we strive to let Christ's Love shine through!
Matthew 6:22

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photo...how nice you have this wonderful memory Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacque. Still hard to believe she has left this world. She left a BIG hole in my heart and life. On the other hand, I know that she is in heaven and wouldn't want to be back here. Awww...a blessed reunion to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete